The Facilities Assistant performs and documents assigned tasks in support of facility and laboratory operations under the direction of senior staff members. The Assistant will work with various teams (Facilities, Lab Services, Research, Shipping/Receiving) to assist in the general care and maintenance of facilities and laboratory systems.
- Complete monthly preventative maintenance tasks and documentation of such using CWorks maintenance software.
- Perform and document weekly eyewash and safety shower inspections.
- Perform and document preventative maintenance on HVAC equipment such as heat-pumps, cooling tower, etc.
- Maintain an inventory of filters and belts for preventative maintenance of HVAC equipment as well as an inventory of cleaning supplies for the housekeeping staff.
- Perform and document preventative maintenance on laboratory refrigerators, freezers and other equipment.
- Assist in equipment installations and coordination of outside contractors.
- Assist with general upkeep of the facility including minor repairs, housekeeping, etc., as needed.
- Daily collection of biohazard waste and recycling waste.
- Grounds clean-up and snow removal.
- Provide backup for Facilities Manager, including occasionally being on call during off-hours to respond to facility alarms.
- Perform other related duties as requested from time to time.
Lab Services and Shipping/Receiving Responsibilities
- Backup for Laboratory services, such as collection of dishware and running of dishwasher and autoclave.
- Backup for Shipping/Receiving tasks as needed.
- Perform other related duties and tasks as requested from time to time.
- A minimum of a High School diploma and 5 years of work experience is required; a 2 year technical degree or trade certification in mechanical/HVAC or similar focused training is highly preferred; or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience that provides the individual with the required knowledge, skills and abilities.
- Must be computer competent, with good Microsoft Email, Excel and Word skills.
- Ability to perform daily work assignments accurately and in a timely manner, and to understand and conform to all standard operating procedures, methods and protocols applicable to the assigned tasks is required.
- Excellent written and verbal communications is required.
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions is required.
- Ability to take the initiative in identifying and completing unplanned tasks is required.
- Must have mechanical aptitude, be able to multitask, and be detail oriented.
- Frequent standing and walking is required, and must be able to lift 40lbs.
Please Note: Due to the high volume of responses, only inquiries from qualified candidates can be addressed.
No telephone inquiries or recruiters, please.
Vaccinex, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.
Please send resume via e-mail to email@example.com.