Vaccinex is a clinical-stage biotechnology company engaged in the discovery and development of targeted biotherapeutics to treat serious diseases with unmet medical needs, including neurodegenerative diseases, cancer and autoimmune disorders. We believe we are the leader in the field of semaphorin 4D (SEMA4D) biology, and that we are the only company evaluating SEMA4D blockade as a potential treatment for neurodegenerative diseases, cancer or autoimmune disorders. Vaccinex has also developed a proprietary antibody discovery platform, ActivMab®, that enables efficient mammalian cell based expression of a library of human antibodies using viral vectors. In addition, this fusion protein technology enables the direct incorporation of conformation-dependent multipass membrane proteins, such as GPCRs and ion channels, into the viral membrane.
The Human Resources Administrator (HR Administrator) is responsible for performing or assisting in performing a variety of administrative and professional HR tasks in areas such as recruitment, benefits administration, payroll administration, policy and procedure administration, employee training, and employee relations.
- Assists in developing and implementing new policies and procedures including training of employees.
- Processes employee pay and leave benefits, calculates pay adjustments, reviews system-generated reports for errors and discrepancies, and responds to employee inquiries.
- Establishes and maintains confidential files and records, and performs administrative tasks such as data entry and the writing and distribution of correspondence and other documents.
- Supports the various benefits programs within the company such as Health, Dental, FSA, Disability (STD and LTD) and Life Insurance by processing enrollments, handling inquiries and communicating with insurance brokers.
- Provides frontline responses to requests received from employees on a wide variety of HR-related services.
- Provide basic recruitment and processing information to applicants and Managers on hiring policies and procedures. Responsibilities include scheduling applicants for interviews, tracking applicants through the hiring process and maintaining recruitment data and records.
- Assists in conceiving, creating, implementing, maintaining and continually improving HR-related policies, procedures, systems and work processes which add value to the company and ensure continued compliance with employment law and best HR practices.
- Knowledge of applicable state and federal employment and labor laws, governmental compliance requirements, and employment related policies and procedures.
- Associates Degree with 4 years of HR-related experience, or a Bachelor’s Degree with at least 2 years of HR-related work experience, or an equivalent combination of education and work experience in a related HR function.
- Excellent attention to detail is a must have.
- Strong interpersonal and team skills; ability to manage multiple initiatives and projects simultaneously is required.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills; ability to work independently and as a team member.
- Knowledge of and proficiency in various technologies, e.g. Microsoft Office applications, HRIS platforms, Paychex FLEX and 401k Administration.
- SHRM Certified Professional preferred.
Please Note: Due to the high volume of responses, only inquiries from qualified candidates can be addressed.
No telephone inquiries or recruiters, please.
Vaccinex, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.
Please send resume via e-mail to email@example.com.