Vaccinex, Inc. is a biotechnology company engaged in the discovery and development of therapeutic monoclonal antibodies and other biologics to treat a variety of serious human diseases. Vaccinex is currently advancing several lead therapeutic monoclonal antibody drugs through non-clinical and clinical development, and continues to expand its pipeline of promising product candidates. Founded in 1997, the company has enjoyed significant and sustained funding, allowing it to build a strong research & development team. The company is proud of its progressive team culture, and offers an outstanding career development opportunity in a fast-paced, dynamic and professional work environment.
The R&D Scientist will be able to design, interpret and trouble-shoot experiments independently as well as perform multiple projects effectively.
Research Scientists have a solid knowledge of the relevant fields.
Research Scientists are able to direct the work flow of others.
- Benchwork may require use of hazardous chemicals and biologics, use of highly technical and automated equipment. Equipment and instrumentation may include incubators, fume hoods, ELISA plate washers, flow cytometer, microscope, HPLC, etc. Processes may include, but not limited to, electrophoresis, ELISA, cell culture and biological assays, chromatography, histochemistry, molecular biology, etc. May require work in a biosafety cabinet (including BSL2, human tissues and/or blood, vaccinia virus, etc), use of radioactive materials, recombinant DNA technology, and/or work with laboratory animals.
- The scope of work may require several consecutive hours of standing, moving, or sitting. Light lifting may be required. Personal protective equipment is required, including safety glasses, gloves, labcoats, etc.
- Some travel may be required.
- Individual must communicate and present work via email, personal communication, and oral presentation.
- Requires proficiency with computers and use of Microsoft Word, Powerpoint, and Excel; may also require use of other computerized data acquisition and analysis software such as FloJo, Graphpad, etc.
- B.S. in a related discipline. PhD or MS with significant and outstanding experience.
- Experience in the biopharmaceutical industry is a plus.
- Primarily self-directed and to be highly motivated to drive the above activities. In addition, a very high level of overall productivity is expected. Demonstrated ability to follow direction and established scientific protocols.
- Capable of making detailed observations, analyzing data, and interpreting results.
- Expected to prepare technical reports, summaries, protocols, and quantitative analyses.
- Possess good verbal and written communication skills, and good organizational skills.
- Independent, able to multi-task and results-oriented with a hands-on attitude in a fast-paced and energetic small company environment with limited daily supervision.
Specific Skills/Experience Required for Posted Position
- Knowledgeable of GMPs for quality control laboratories which includes good documentation practices, method qualification techniques, and critical reagent qualification and control is a plus.
- Assay development, sample analysis and assay maintenance and troubleshooting for a variety of immune-based assays.
- Prepares and/or assists in the preparation of standard operating procedures appropriate for bioanalytical test methods and equipment in both a GxP and research environment.
Please Note: Due to the high volume of responses, only inquiries from qualified candidates can be addressed.
No telephone inquiries or recruiters, please.
Vaccinex, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.
Please send resume via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.