Vaccinex is a clinical-stage biotechnology company engaged in the discovery and development of targeted biotherapeutics to treat serious diseases with unmet medical needs, including neurodegenerative diseases, cancer and autoimmune disorders. We believe we are the leader in the field of semaphorin 4D (SEMA4D) biology, and that we are the only company evaluating SEMA4D blockade as a potential treatment for neurodegenerative diseases, cancer or autoimmune disorders. Vaccinex has also developed a proprietary antibody discovery platform, ActivMab®, that enables efficient mammalian cell based expression of a library of human antibodies using viral vectors. In addition, this fusion protein technology enables the direct incorporation of conformation-dependent multipass membrane proteins, such as GPCRs and ion channels, into the viral membrane.
The Vaccinex research team is seeking an experienced research scientist to employ a variety of immune based assays in order to characterize potential therapeutic antibodies and biologics. The successful candidate will work in a fast-paced, highly integrated team of scientists to advance both preclinical and clinical research efforts. Assays may include ELISA, flow cytometry, protein expression and purification, and cell based in vitro functional assays. Excellent communication, adaptability, and teamwork will be critical. Candidates who aspire to contribute to innovative and scientifically driven translational research in a collaborative team environment, who are independent and motivated to identify and investigate novel targets, face challenges with a positive attitude, and dedicated to high quality research to support clinical progress, are encouraged to apply. Candidates will enjoy a collaborative environment that fosters scientific innovation, self-motivated successes, and values employee wellness and quality of work/life balance.
Specific Skills/Experience Required for Posted Position
- Assay development, sample analysis, and assay maintenance and troubleshooting for a variety of immune-based assays.
- Knowledge of GMPs for quality control laboratories which includes good documentation practices, method qualification techniques, and critical reagent qualification and control is a plus.
- Requires proficiency with computers and use of Microsoft Word, Powerpoint, and Excel; may also require use of other computerized data acquisition and analysis software such as FloJo, Graphpad, etc.
- Benchwork may require use of hazardous chemicals and biologics, as well as the use of highly technical and automated equipment. Equipment and instrumentation may include ELISA plate washers, plate readers, incubators, fume hoods, flow cytometer, microscope, HPLC, etc. Processes may include, but not limited to, ELISA, cell culture and biological assays, electrophoresis, chromatography, histochemistry, molecular biology, etc. May require work in a biosafety cabinet (including BSL2, human tissues and/or blood, vaccinia virus, etc).
- Preparation and/or assistance in the preparation of standard operating procedures appropriate for bioanalytical test methods and equipment, in both a GxP and research environment.
- Management of critical reagent inventory.
- Collaboration with CROs in regards to development, validation, and troubleshooting of clinical bioanalytical assays.
- Preparation of technical reports, summaries, protocols, and quantitative analyses. Communication and presentation of work via email, personal communication, and oral presentation.
- The scope of work may require several consecutive hours of standing, moving, or sitting. Light lifting may be required. Personal protective equipment is required, including safety glasses, gloves, labcoats, etc.
- Some travel may be required.
- B.S. or MS in a related discipline with at least two years of significant and outstanding technical research experience.
- Experience in the biopharmaceutical industry is a plus.
- Primarily self-directed and highly motivated to drive the above activities. In addition, a very high level of overall productivity is expected. Demonstrated ability to follow direction and established scientific protocols.
- Capable of making detailed observations, analyzing data, and interpreting results.
- Possess good verbal and written communication skills, and good organizational skills.
- Independent, able to multi-task and results-oriented with a hands-on attitude in a fast-paced and energetic small company environment with limited daily supervision.
Please Note: Due to the high volume of responses, only inquiries from qualified candidates can be addressed.
No telephone inquiries or recruiters, please.
Vaccinex, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.
Please send resume via e-mail to email@example.com.