Vaccinia Display of full-length human IgG
Billions of Antibodies – No transfections – No tolerance
ActivMAb® combines the throughput of phage and yeast display with mammalian-cell quality control in one platform to enable selection of full-length human IgG antibodies that have built-in manufacturability and favorable biophysical properties ideally suited for downstream development.
- Full length IgG-Vaccinia membrane protein fusion allows for incorporation and display of the Ig-fusion protein on both the vaccinia virus membrane and on the mammalian cell surface
- Similar in concept to phage display, except we are using full length IgG and mammalian expression
- Vaccinia expressed antibodies must pass mammalian cell quality control before expression on the virus or the cell surface
- Selection done in 2 different stages:
- Cell Sorting
Panning: Antibody Display on the Virus
- Rapid screening of billions of antibody combinations in a cell free selection system.
- Virus can be concentrated from liters of cell culture supernatant to very small volume by high-speed centrifugation
- >1X1010 antibody combinations can be screened in a single tube
Cell Sorting: Precision Selection
- After several rounds of panning, the library complexity is reduced, and the percent of specific binders is correspondingly enriched. This allows the sorter to be used as a precision instrument.
- Cell-surface expression with affinity selection by antigen titration and visualization of IgG selection
- Selected antibodies fit into desired affinity window and will express well
- Affinity can be readily improved by light chain optimization or mutagenesis